Be wise. Don't miss this opportunity!
Applications for 2019 Scholarships and Bursaries to one of the Top Country Schools in Australia are now open to Boarding and Day Students.
Bursaries are available to Boarding and Day Students from Year 7 to 12 and are made available based on financial need. For Bursaries information, please read below.
(Scholarships are avilable for Boarding and Day Students entering Year 7 2019 or Year 10 2019 only and are academic in nature. They are awarded based on school performance and ability. For Scholarship information, please click here.)
KEY BURSARY DATES:
Applications Open: NOW
Applications Close: 4.30pm 27 July 2018
Please read all the information below about applying.
The Rockhampton Grammar School offers needs-based bursaries to girls and boys (in Years 7 through 12) who would greatly benefit from an education at The Rockhampton Grammar School, but who without financial assistance would be otherwise unable to attend.
Bursaries are offered to a limited number of students (in Years 7 through 12) who are making good academic progress and who are willing to become constructive and involved members of The Rockhampton Grammar School Community, participating fully in all aspects of school life.
A Bursary may cover all or part of tuition and/or boarding fees (in Years 7 through 12). Each Bursary is subject to annual review of the student’s all-round performance and active involvement in school life, and the family’s ongoing financial position. Bursary applications are made directly to the Headmaster and are assessed by a committee consisting of the Headmaster, Board Secretary and a Member of the Board of Trustees.
Years 7 through 12 Bursary Conditions
- In all awards the Headmaster reserves the right to offer whole or part bursaries, or to award no bursaries at all.
- Bursaries are subject to annual review on the basis of the student’s performance in all areas of school life over the year. Normally bursaries will continue to apply for the stated duration of the bursary.
- A bursary is provided for either full or part remission of tuition and/or boarding fees for the duration of the bursary.
- A bursary does not provide for payment in purchase of books, materials, uniforms or other day to day standard items of school requirements or activities.
- Bursaries are not transferrable and apply only to the recipient’s education.
- A current student of The Rockhampton Grammar School cannot apply for a bursary, except on a demonstrated “needs” basis due to a significant change in circumstances.
- Decisions communicated by the Headmaster are final. No correspondence will be accepted or entered into.
Applications for 2019 close 4.30pm 27 July 2018.
Parents are required to submit the following:
- a completed School Bursary Application form and, if you are applying for entry, an RGS Application for Admission form
- a copy of your most recently filed tax returns
- a cover letter formally requesting consideration for the bursary
- the applicant’s last three school reports and most recent NAPLAN assessment; and
- a brief account of the applicant’s academic, sporting and co-curricular achievements over the past 12 months.
The bursary is subject to satisfactory reports to the Headmaster on the student’s work, contribution to the School, and fulfilment of the conditions of the award.
Applications are to be sent to:
The Rockhampton Grammar School
Rockhampton QLD 4700
Note: All information provided by you in your application is confidential. The information provided on the application form is collected to assess your application. The supply of this information by you is voluntary. However, if you do not supply all the requested information we may not be able to assess your application.
For more information please call the Registrar, Mrs Marissa Holloway, on 1300 GRAMMAR